Since 2008, Creative Foods has taken steps to minimise its carbon footprint and has offset 7,460 tonnes of carbon dioxide by working with co2balance on their African Energy Efficient Stove Project, supporting clean water in Uganda and environmental projects in Brazil and India.
- Uganda Borehole Project - 522 tCO₂
- Brazilian Forestry Project - 1,172 tCO₂
- Kenyan Improved Cook Stove Project - 3,422 tCO₂
- Indian Wind Power Project - 2,344 tCO₂
- CO₂ prevented - 522 tCO₂
- Wood saved - 369 tonnes
- Total people impacted - 298
- Clean water supplied - 651,860 litres
The Kenyan Energy Efficient Stove Project builds energy saving cooking stoves for families along the coastal region of Mombasa in Kenya. These stoves replace fuel intensive, open fires and reduces the amount of firewood needed for cooking by over 50%, thereby preventing the release of carbon emissions through the reduction in burning firewood.
- CO₂ prevented - 3,422 tCO₂
- Wood saved - 2,756 tonnes
- No. of stoves - 1,056
- Time saved - 70,971 hours / 8,871 working days
- Total people impacted - 5,703